Nostalgic vintage Kodachrome look for Fujifilm X-Trans IV cameras
When you really want to max out the retro vibe and take the Kodachrome aesthetic to another level, you need Retrochrome Plus film recipe.
Reminiscent of the Kodakchrome II recipe on FujiXWeekly, but with the mellow tone taken even further, this recipe is great in bright sunshine, wonderful with blue skies, and adds creamy drama tones to everything else.
Retrochrome Plus Film Recipe
- Simulation: Classic Chrome
- Grain Effect: Weak, Small
- Colour Chrome Effect: Strong
- Colour Chrome Blue: Strong
- White Balance: 8000K
- WB Shift: +1 Red, +5 Blue
- Dynamic Range: DR400
- Highlights: 0
- Shadows: +2
- Colour: -4
- Sharpness: -2
- ISO Noise Reduction: -4
- Clarity: 0
- EV compensation: +1/3
More Retro Style Film Recipes
If you like a retro vibe, here are more mellow Classic Chrome recipes…
- Retrochrome – Softer retro toned Classic Chrome look
- Coffee Chrome – Soft with distinct coffee tones
- Kodak Portra – Classic Kodak looks, soft and creamy
- Cheery Chrome – Warm Summer vibes and softness
And a few that are soft and golden, with other simulations…
- Classic Gold – a aged and faded Kodak Gold
- Aged Kodak Portra – modelled on shots with expired Portra
- Rosa Negative – subtle golden tones with Classic Negative
4 responses to “Retrochrome Plus for Contrast + Retro”
It’s saved in the camera but can’t go to the woods to try it out. It’s been so bloody, insanely hot recently.
PS: I like the new drop-down menu and direct links.
I know what you mean. I went out after 8:30pm on Monday, and it was still pretty hot. Much better today though.
Thanks for the note about the new navigation. I’m gradually improving the structure of things to make finding recipes easier, so I appreciate you mentioning it. There will be over 100 recipes eventually, so it’ll really help. Good luck with shooting over the next few days!
This looks like another great recipe to try out! Thanks 🙂
Thanks Stephan. I really enjoy using it, so I hope you do too!
LikeLiked by 1 person