Whilst many of us might prefer a never ending golden hour, some days are just cloudy and the light can be dull. These conditions can be more challenging for photography, but the lack of harsh contrast and the way colours can look richer open up new opportunities. Whilst not designed for overcast weather, here are the film recipes that I have found work quite well on cloudy days.
➡️ The Film Recipes Challenge is now on! Shoot with the recent look, Age of Aquarius, and share your photos, either in the Facebook group or the recipe page comments. The deadline is end of Feb 15th. Everyone is welcome, from all around the world! For inspiration, see previous galleries. ➡️ The Film Recipes Facebook Group is a great place to share film recipes, ask questions and join the challenge.
Overcast Day Recipes from Other Sites
Here’s a selection of some of the recipes by others that you may get great results on a cloudy day.
- Creamy Color – Captn Look’s choice for bad weather days
- Grizzly Ride – Gritty and retro with Bleach Bypass. By Captn Look
- Positive Film – Punchy and colourful, from Fuji X Weekly
- Fujicolor NPS Pulled – Muted, low contrast, by Thomas Schwab
- Pushed CineStill 800T – Embrace the colour tone, Fuji X Weekly
- Echo Chrome – Soft & versatile by Craig Bergonzoni