Film Recipes with a Nostalgic Look
One of the reasons I decided to shoot with Fujifilm was the nostalgic film simulations and the ability to further tune these to give a wide variety of nostalgic looks. I love photos with warm colour tones and lifted shadows, and so this is one of the larger categories of film recipe on this site.
Join the fun! The Film Recipes Facebook Group is a great place to chat film recipes, or share photos you’ve taken with the recipes. The Karmachroma challenge is on. Shoot with Karmachroma and share by Sun, Oct 2nd. Everyone is welcome to share photos from around the world. A selection will be added to the site. Let’s go!
More Nostalgic Recipes
With the focus on producing film recipes that mirror discontinued film stock, there are many recipes that you could call nostalgic. However, I prefer to think of recipes that add a mood to the image, so it helps in sentimental photography. Here are a selection from around the web.
- Vintage Look – nostalgic brown tones recipe, from E. Fung
- Vintage Chrome – a soft Classic Chrome recipe from Mark G Adams
- Vintage Summer – teal skies & summer vibes, from Mark again
- Rich Almond – nostalgic creamy tones from Chris Cuban
- Nature Neon – hazy summer nostalgia, from Captn Look
- Street Romance – pale and creamy goodness, from Captn Look
- Granada – a soft and nostalgic CC from Andrei Dima (YouTube)
- Sunset f2 – an Eterna recipe, by Eddie Orr (YouTube)
- Nostalgia Color – from FujiXWeekly, using Classic Negative
- Nostalgic Negative – a CC take on Nostalgic Negative, FXWeekly
- Color Negative 400 – a Classic Negative nostalgic look, FXWeekly