Fujifilm film simulation recipes for capturing fall color and autumn leaves
The promise of mellow tones with oranges and browns, makes the Autumn season a favourite of many photographers. In our world of Film Recipes, we have the choice of many settings that can compliment the fall color palette.
With Classic Chrome the creams and browns can be accentuated with pale tones overall, and using Classic Negative, reds come to life in contrasty and rich images. Eterna film recipes are another good choice, with the mellow softness of this simulation a good partner for a soft look.
Join the fun! The Film Recipes Facebook Group is a great place to chat film recipes, or share photos you’ve taken with the recipes. The Karmachroma challenge is on. Shoot with Karmachroma and share by Sun, Oct 2nd. Everyone is welcome to share photos from around the world. A selection will be added to the site. Let’s go!
Autumn Tone Film Recipes from Other Sites
Here are a selection of film recipes that I think would work well with the autumn colour tones of the fall season.
- Nature Neon – Wonderfully mellow, from Captn Look
- Creamy Color – For a deep autumn mood, by Captn Look again
- Kodak Ultramax 400 – a mellow look from Fuji X Weekly
- Kodak Portra 400 v2 – pale and soft tones, from Fuji X Weekly
- Autumn Gold – Piotr Skrzypek’s warm classic neg recipe
- Granada – A CC with creamy tones by Andrei Dima (YouTube link)
- Dela Rosa – designed for street, but perfect for forests. By Kebs Cayabyab (YouTube link)
- Everyday Eterna – Alik Griffin’s wonderfully warm Eterna recipe