Fujifilm film simulation recipes for capturing fall color and autumn leaves
The promise of mellow tones with oranges and browns, makes the Autumn season a favourite of many photographers. In our world of Film Recipes, we have the choice of many settings that can compliment the fall color palette.
With Classic Chrome the creams and browns of the turning season can be accentuated with pale tones overall, and by using Classic Negative, reds come to life in contrasty and rich images. Eterna film recipes are another good choice, with the mellow softness of this simulation a good partner for a soft look. My personal favourite for the season, is Deep Forest, for a wonderfully mellow and deep toned look.
➡️ The Film Recipes Challenge is now on! Shoot with the recent look, Age of Aquarius, and share your photos, either in the Facebook group or the recipe page comments. The deadline is end of Feb 15th. Everyone is welcome, from all around the world! For inspiration, see previous galleries. ➡️ The Film Recipes Facebook Group is a great place to share film recipes, ask questions and join the challenge.
Autumn Tone Film Recipes from Other Sites
Here are a selection of film recipes that I think would work well with the autumn colour tones of the fall season.
- Nature Neon – Wonderfully mellow, from Captn Look
- Creamy Color – For a deep autumn mood, by Captn Look again
- Analog Gold – with muted gold tones, on Fuji X Weekly
- Kodak Ultramax 400 – a mellow look from Fuji X Weekly
- Kodak Portra 400 v2 – pale and soft tones, from Fuji X Weekly
- Autumn Gold – Piotr Skrzypek’s warm classic neg recipe
- Granada – A CC with creamy tones by Andrei Dima (YouTube link)
- Dela Rosa – designed for street, but perfect for forests. By Kebs Cayabyab (YouTube link)
- Everyday Eterna – Alik Griffin’s wonderfully warm Eterna recipe