Film recipes for blue color tones
When you have clear skies, the ocean or want to add a cool vibe to your images, starting with a recipe that brings out the blue tones is a great start. This selection all make the blues in your images really stand out.
Join the fun! The Film Recipes Facebook Group is a great place to chat film recipes, or share photos you’ve taken with the recipes. The Karmachroma challenge is on. Shoot with Karmachroma and share by Sun, Oct 2nd. Everyone is welcome to share photos from around the world. A selection will be added to the site. Let’s go!
More Blue Tone Recipes
The other site with multiple recipes that have either a blue tone balance or that help blue tones stand out, is Fuji X Weekly. Here’s a sample of the blue tone recipes from Ritchie’s collection …
- Kodak Brilliance – a recipe that makes skies and ocean really pop
- Super HG v2 – a cool toned recipe that makes skies bluetiful
- Agfa Ultra 100 – Agfa inspired recipe with blue colour balance
- LomoChrome Metropolis – teal moods and cool tones
And, for a few more looks, you could try these …
- Adox Color Implosion – teal blues from Piotr Skrzypek
- Silver Cyan – A Pro Neg Hi recipe from Craig Bergonzoni
- RetroChroma – CC with a blue/cyan tone, from Mark G Adams