One question that I see asked often, is ‘which film simulation recipes should be taken on a trip’? This is of course a subjective question, because there are all sorts of holidays and vacations, from family time on beaches, city breaks to mountain escapes. Plus, we each have a different photography style.
Notwithstanding this, I decided to mark up which of my film recipes might make good candidates for holiday trips and summer vacations. These tend to love good light and have warm colour balances. This helps to give your photos a consistent warm and happy mood. Ideal for memories of your trip.
Join the fun! The Film Recipes Facebook Group is a great place to chat film recipes, or share photos you’ve taken with the recipes. The Karmachroma challenge is on. Shoot with Karmachroma and share by Sun, Oct 2nd. Everyone is welcome to share photos from around the world. A selection will be added to the site. Let’s go!
Holiday Travel Recipes from Other Sites
Here’s a selection of some of the recipes by others that might make good choices for your trips and vacations.
Classic 35mm Looks for Vacation Snaps
- Kodak Portra 160 – go with the classic look, from FujiXWeekly
- Bright Summer – superbly summery, by Preet, via FujiXWeekly
- Pacific Blues – a retro look for the ocean, new (Aug) on FujiXWeekly
- Kodak Gold – another classic Kodak style, by Piotr Skrzypek
- Kodak Ektar – rich and contrasty, from Piotr Skrzypek again
- Kodak Ultramax – a third holiday option from Piotr Skrzypek
- Cheers – the ‘go to’ recipe for warm mood, by Captn Look
- C201 – a wonderfully Fujifilm look from Marcel Fraij
- Classic Neg Fade – a soft tones choice, by Luís Costa