Vintage Kodachrome film recipe for Fujifilm X-Trans IV cameras
The classic Kodachrome films are much loved, and with adjustments to the Classic Chrome film simulation, images that reflect this era can be readily achieved on Fujifilm X-series cameras.
Early Kodachrome films had creamy skintones and delicious blues, giving them a character that is deeply connected to that era. Anything with creams, browns and blues looked fantastic on 60s and 70s Kodachrome film.
My Kodachrome Classic recipe seeks to emulate the spirirt of these early photos, with a slide film feel and richly retro tone like a classic 60s and 70s Kodachrome photo. I find that it loves bright conditions and blue skies, so it would be a perfect companion on travel and vacations.
Kodachrome Classic Film Recipe
- Simulation: Classic Chrome
- Grain Effect: Off
- Colour Chrome Effect: Weak
- Colour Chrome Blue: Strong
- White Balance: Auto
- WB Shift: +2 Red, -5 Blue
- Dynamic Range: DR200
- Highlights: -1
- Shadows: 0
- Colour: +2
- Sharpness: +1
- ISO Noise Reduction: -4
- Clarity: +1 (leave this off, if you want fast shooting)
- EV compensation: +1/3
In February 2023, this recipe was a feature of our Film Recipes Challenge. You can see the wonderful user submissions in the Kodachrome Classic Gallery.
More Kodachrome Looks
The good news is that there are several excellent Kodachrome inspired recipes, with the FujiXWeekly ones are a popular choice.
- Kodachrome II – I prefer the v2 version further down the page.
- Kodachrome 25 – Back to the 70s with this classic film recipe.
- Kodachrome 64 – A really great all-rounder with a retro feel.
And, on this site, you should take a look at …
- Kodachrome Daily – A versatile Kodachrome 64 film recipe
- Vintage Kodachrome – Koda with lashings of retro
- Kodak like it’s 1975 – a Kodachrome look with nostalgic style
- Kodachrome Mono – what if they made a B&W version?
3 responses to “Kodachrome Classic for 70s Kodak Style”
You have fantastic recipes and pictures
Thanks so much for saying so. I really appreciate it.
Second set from Mexico.
01. Corner house: https://i.imgur.com/3S3Ji19.jpg
02. Windy day: https://i.imgur.com/okWyQsG.jpg
03. Carefree: https://i.imgur.com/jhSznnh.jpg
04. Hand-painted: https://i.imgur.com/GM4bI9k.jpg
05. Too bad it’s overcast. Usually blue and and clear: https://i.imgur.com/tkA0YXC.jpg
06. Blue whales come here every year: https://i.imgur.com/CGBAMED.jpg
07. Anchored sailing boat: https://i.imgur.com/CWlBapx.jpg
08. Palm trees everywhere: https://i.imgur.com/4ANeuRp.jpg
09. Female blue-footed booby (Sula nebouxii): https://i.imgur.com/yaEQcSq.jpg
10. The partner (unfortunately he sat down, hiding his striking blue feet): https://i.imgur.com/iLFesSv.jpg
11. Tiny shop window. Taco shop will now take your order: https://i.imgur.com/o8k2bvK.jpg
12. Whale camp. My tent last year, now occupied by someone else.: https://i.imgur.com/CO1o1uT.jpg
13. Chair on the dune: https://i.imgur.com/Apjnni4.jpg
14. Low tide: https://i.imgur.com/hBzy5Rx.jpg
15. Scallop shells: https://i.imgur.com/pfbgCys.jpg
LikeLiked by 1 person