Punchy Classic Chrome recipe for X-T4 with deep shadows and a bold look
Here’s the second guest recipe by Manila based photographer, Grant Teng. If you didn’t yet see it, Manila Sun is a wonderful Eterna recipe for urban exploration and sunny day photography. It works well with the tropical light especially, but I’ve used it and loved it in the UK as well.
What we have here though is a superbly versatile Classic Chrome recipe. Again it’s fantastic in the city, but also has great versatility. So much so, Grant also calls it his ‘Daily Chrome’. It brings out the best of Classic Chrome with a warmed color balance, deep shadows and punchy colour.
Photo credits: Grant Teng, X-T4
Manila Chrome Film Recipe
- Simulation: Classic Chrome
- Grain Effect: Weak, Small
- Colour Chrome Effect: Weak
- Colour Chrome Blue: Strong
- White Balance: Auto Ambience
- WB Shift: +3 Red, -5 Blue
- Dynamic Range: DR200
- Highlights: -1.5
- Shadows: +1.5
- Color: +3
- Sharpness: +2
- ISO Noise Reduction: -4
- Clarity: 0
- EV compensation: 0 or +1/3
Manila Chrome in Rural and Beach Settings
I love this recipe by Grant Teng, with it’s strong character and especially the tones from the urban stonework, asphalt and concrete. However, I also wanted to see how it looked in the fields around where I live, and in bright conditions on the beach too. Here’s a couple of shots as a sample.
More Classic Chrome Film Recipes
Classic Chrome has been available as a film simulation for several years, and is as much the look of Fujifilm X-Series as anything else. There are many excellent recipes, with just a handful listed here.
- Karmachroma – the 100th film recipe added to this site
- Yakisugi – hugely popular recipe by Mehdi Berrada
- Toasty Chrome – toasty warm toned Classic Chrome
- Kodachrome Daily – the classic Kodachrome look
- Coffee Chrome – creamy cafe tones, for a coffee tone look
- Cinechrome – cool and cinematic, a smooth Classic Chrome
You can see more Classic Chrome film recipes on the dedicated page, where there are also some links to great choices from other sites.