Classic Negative film simulation recipe with a strong warm colour shift
Here’s a recipe to deliver happy vibes in the sunshine, and bring your Autumn and Fall colours to life. Goldeneye is an ultra warm and rich film recipe with a strong cosy aesthetic.
The base simulation is Classic Negative, that works really well with reds and yellows, and this is given a further boost with a super warm colour setting and a little softness from -1 sharp and -1 clarity. The result is dreamy and rich, working especially well in golden hour and should be just perfect for the details of the colourful seasons.
Goldeneye Film Recipe
- Simulation: Classic Negative
- Grain Effect: Strong, Small
- Colour Chrome Effect: Weak
- Colour Chrome Blue: Weak
- White Balance: Shade
- WB Shift: +6 Red, -5 Blue
- Dynamic Range: DR400
- Highlights: -2
- Shadows: 0
- Colour: +1
- Sharpness: -1
- ISO Noise Reduction: -4
- Clarity: -1
- EV compensation: 0
Goldeneye was a challenge recipe in October, and has a bumper gallery of user photos to view: Goldeneye user photos gallery.
More Very Warm Recipes
- Warm Film Recipes – the warmest recipes brought together
- Indian Summer – extra warm from Captn Look
- Cheers – a versatile warm recipe from Captn Look again
- Retro Gold – with a wonderful colour cast, Fuji X Weekly
22 responses to “Goldeneye, with Extra Warm Tones”
I audibly went, ‘woooooow.’ Love this. Sigh, I envy Classic Neg owners.
Thanks very much. I know that I will have this feeling about Nostalgic Neg too when the new cameras come out, but I’m glad you like it 🙂
I was very curious how this recipe will work on the sunny streets and a bit sceptical but… oh well I fell in love with the first photo I took. Warm colors, great reds, deep shadows, it’s perfect and gonna be one of my favourite recipe. Thank you soon much.
That’s wonderful to hear! I hadn’t thought about it for street shots either, but now I’m going to have to try it too!
And here we go:
Best for sunshine and golden hour, no so good in my opinion for a night – too warm. Thanks for your work ❤️
Thanks for giving this one a test drive. I agree that this one comes alive in golden hour. It seems to have a magnifying effect to make that light more rich. I quite like the night shots, personally, but I think your right. It’s mostly a sunshine recipe.
Like this one Justin. Nice and colourful (I’m personally not a fan of muted tones). I will give it a try for sure!
Thanks Marcel. I’m glad you like it. You raise a good point. My personal style of muted tones is certainly not the preference of everyone. I’m sure I’ll look at including more bold recipes over time, maybe versions of existing ones with more colour and deeper contrast. I did this with Retrochrome and Retrochrome Plus (see https://film.recipes/blog/film-recipes-index-a-z/#r ) where I made a more intense version of a recipe.
Having a beer in the back garden during golden hour today: https://i.imgur.com/61VCPL5.jpg , https://i.imgur.com/bh10DdF.jpg
I also tried out Richie’s new sim “Pacific Blues” alongside your Goldeneye at the same time. Both sims have intense warm tones but the difference is clear when viewing side by side on a big monitor. I like them both.
Thanks for sharing those. We’ve been missing some gear photos! I’ve looked at Pacific Blues, and saw similarities with Fuji Five-O, but I want to give it a try soon. I’m still photographing for recipes mostly at the moment, but I feel like an end is in sight!
PS: may I suggest links to “latest comments” somewhere near the bottom of page? So visitors could see which film sims have new comments.
Thanks for the site feedback. I think I found a way to do it, so they should be showing now.
Thanks! I see latest comments now.
LikeLiked by 1 person
What does it mean “White Balance: Shade
It is also sometimes listed as Cloudy or Overcast or ☁️
Looking up from under a canopy of leaves: https://i.imgur.com/Jryzs1W.jpg
Stalking you, deer. https://i.imgur.com/NEiCF1O.jpg
Sandy tracks: https://i.imgur.com/HcTw4qW.jpg
Sandy tracks with wild grass and heather: https://i.imgur.com/p3zfshZ.jpg
Reindeer “moss”: https://i.imgur.com/9OXNtKN.jpg
Big and brown now and ready to fall: https://i.imgur.com/XTltlkJ.jpg
A big area full of them: https://i.imgur.com/koobqnJ.jpg
Path leading to the spot where I parked my bike: https://i.imgur.com/RKyMDH7.jpg
Goldeneye is nice for autumn colours but I think Ruby Tuesday is best, thus far.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks so much for sharing these 🍂 I love the details that you have chosen to capture, and I just know they’ll look great in the challenge gallery.
Hi, I was away for a long time but the weather here is gloomy and the sun looks out from behind the clouds once every few days, just when I am at work. Here are some photos using one of my favourite recipes. Thanks Justin for Goldeneye!
LikeLiked by 1 person
It’s good to hear from you. I was thinking just today that it had been a while. Thanks for the images. I’ll enjoy going through them 🙂
Posting from warm and sunny Lanzarote! See what you can use.
– Vineyard, palm trees and volcanoes (a village where I’m staying): https://i.imgur.com/X2uL8ko.jpg
– Walking the trail above and watching the rain down below: https://i.imgur.com/XjVZEaq.jpg
– The good Lanzarotean life: https://i.imgur.com/EW5qiZo.jpg
– Just a glimpse of the sea: https://i.imgur.com/y4F4sfg.jpg
– Lonely house on lava rocks: https://i.imgur.com/u4q0ZpL.jpg
– It’s quaint everywhere here on the island. Bougainvillea and green door: https://i.imgur.com/aJBCRhi.jpg
– Take the plunge…: https://i.imgur.com/QiTkOu8.jpg
– Vertical version of photo above: https://i.imgur.com/2gbzfYW.jpg
– Sleepy fishing village: https://i.imgur.com/8JUNOGG.jpg
– Lava reached the sea: https://i.imgur.com/9A953rF.jpg
– The island has over 300 volcanoes, it’s possible to see at least one in every direction: https://i.imgur.com/pxfqm0L.jpg
– And to be able to walk right up to a crater is something really special: https://i.imgur.com/0NXftzA.jpg
Wow .. you are the ‘on location reporter’! Thanks for join in withthe Goldeneye challenge from your holdiay in Lanzarote 🙂
Last 5. Pick out ones you like best for the gallery.
– Right outside my front door this morning: https://i.imgur.com/TgfjptH.jpg
– Lone palm tree in the (terraced) fields: https://i.imgur.com/pZ8meSQ.jpg
– Seen from the village’s lookout point: https://i.imgur.com/RIpRLJP.jpg
– Number 2: https://i.imgur.com/OUzsw0D.jpg
– Walking trail has a street name as there are some houses on the same trail: https://i.imgur.com/6vPEXU2.jpg
That’s it for Goldeneye.