Velvia film recipe for a bright summer sunshine style for fun, travel and vacations
Here’s a happy tone stylised recipe that brings a cheerful and bright summer look to your images. It’s super cosy and hazy, and it is perfect for holiday and vacation images and trips to the beach.
To achieve this bright and cheery look, I’ve chosen the Velvia film simulation as the base, and pushed the exposure with a +1 (three stops) over exposure recommendation. A hazy effect is added too, with -5 clarity, which you can skip if you can add a medium to strong mist/bloom filter to your lens.
Overall the image is lemon and lime toned, with lots of haze. It works especially well at the beach and in strong sunshine. I’d suggest that summer scenes and beach fun are the things to go for with this holiday recipe.
Spanish Summer Film Recipe
- Simulation: Velvia/Vivid
- Grain Effect: Weak, Small
- Colour Chrome Effect: Weak
- Colour Chrome Blue: Off
- White Balance: Shade
- WB Shift: +5 Red, -7 Blue
- Dynamic Range: DR200
- Highlights: -1.0
- Shadows: +1.0
- Color: -4
- Sharpness: -4
- ISO Noise Reduction: -4
- Clarity: -5 or mist filter
- EV compensation: +1 suggested
Film Recipes for a Summer Pastel Style
The bright summer style is often pictured with pastel tones and bright overall exposure. It gives a summer feel that is also nostalgic at the same time. It’s been covered a few times by various recipe creators, so here are a handful of other bright sunshine looks sharing this mood.
- Pastel Vibes – inspired by greek islands, by Willow Rotter
- Beach Baby – max out the golden summer tones
- 1979 film recipe – retro pastels, by Craig Bergonzoni
- Vintage Summer – seaside nostalgic, by Mark Adams
- Superia Summer – heavily nostalgic film look, by Ritchie Roesch
- Bright Summer – classic bright summer look, inspired by Preet Uday
- Vibrant Arizona – inspired by Wes Anderson, recipe by Ritchie Roesch
- QE2 – bright with sunny colours from Classic Chrome