Fujifilm simulation Kodak Ektar film recipe for X-Trans IV cameras
We’re almost spoiled for choice as far as Kodak Ektar film recipes are concerned. There are at least four that I have seen, which of course, all produce different results (scroll to bottom for some links).
For my tastes, each of these had something I liked, but share a +4 colour setting, which I personally find too strong, and outside my preference for softer tones. So, another Kodak film recipe is born, which is still a colourful look, but is a little less saturated than others.
I enjoy shooting with it in bright conditions, bringing a punchy style that is still natural in appearance, just like Ektar photos of the past.
Kodak Ektar Film Recipe
- Simulation: Classic Chrome
- Grain Effect: Off
- Colour Chrome Effect: Off
- Colour Chrome Blue: Off
- White Balance: Auto
- WB Shift: +1 Red, -2 Blue
- Dynamic Range: DR200
- Highlights: +1
- Shadows: +1
- Colour: +2
- Sharpness: +1
- ISO Noise Reduction: -4
- EV compensation: -1/3 to +1/3
Kodak Ektar from Other Creators
- Kodak Ektar 100 from Fuji X Weekly
- Kodak Ektar 100 from Øyvind Nordhagen
- Kodak Ektar 100 from Piotr Skrzypek
- Kodak Ektar 100 from Shark & Palm