Fujifilm film simulation recipes for capturing fall color and autumn leaves
The promise of mellow tones with oranges and browns, makes the Autumn season a favourite of many photographers. In our world of Film Recipes, we have the choice of many settings that can compliment the fall color palette.
With Classic Chrome the creams and browns of the turning season can be accentuated with pale tones overall, and by using Classic Negative, reds come to life in contrasty and rich images. Eterna film recipes are another good choice, with the mellow softness of this simulation a good partner for a soft look. My personal favourite for the season, is Deep Forest, for a wonderfully mellow and deep toned look.
Autumn Leaves and Fall Color Film Recipes
🌊 Let’s get creative in this new round of The Film Recipes Challenge 🏄 The recipe is the burned and faded look, Childhood Vacation, which loves to be over exposed. Try some images and share a selection in the Film Recipes Facebook Group or the comments on the recipe page. Open to everyone, until end of 8th June. Tag #childhoodvacation ☀️
Autumn Tone Film Recipes from Other Sites
Here are a selection of film recipes that I think would work well with the autumn colour tones of the fall season.
- Nature Neon – Wonderfully mellow, from Captn Look
- Creamy Color – For a deep autumn mood, by Captn Look again
- Analog Gold – with muted gold tones, on Fuji X Weekly
- Kodak Ultramax 400 – a mellow look from Fuji X Weekly
- Kodak Portra 400 v2 – pale and soft tones, from Fuji X Weekly
- Autumn Gold – Piotr Skrzypek’s warm classic neg recipe
- Granada – A CC with creamy tones by Andrei Dima (YouTube link)
- Dela Rosa – designed for street, but perfect for forests. By Kebs Cayabyab (YouTube link)
- Everyday Eterna – Alik Griffin’s wonderfully warm Eterna recipe