Film recipes for blue color tones
When you have clear skies, the ocean or want to add a cool vibe to your images, starting with a recipe that brings out the blue tones is a great start. This selection all make the blues in your images really stand out.
Favourites of mine in this selection include Vinterkrom, designed to give a blue tone chill to images, and Oceanic 815, which I made for ocean views.
Embrace a film-like look and join in with the Film Recipes Challenge 📸 Take photos with the Flatpack film recipe, and share them in the Film Recipes Facebook Group or the comments on the recipe page. This recipe is based on film prints in a matte low contrast style. Join in from where you live with a deadline of end of 29th March. #flatpack 👍
More Blue Tone Recipes
The other site with multiple recipes that have either a blue tone balance or that help blue tones stand out, is Fuji X Weekly. Here’s a sample of the blue tone recipes from Ritchie’s collection …
- Kodak Brilliance – a recipe that makes skies and ocean really pop
- Super HG v2 – a cool toned recipe that makes skies bluetiful
- Agfa Ultra 100 – Agfa inspired recipe with blue colour balance
- LomoChrome Metropolis – teal moods and cool tones
And, for a few more looks, you could try these …
- Adox Color Implosion – teal blues from Piotr Skrzypek
- Silver Cyan – A Pro Neg Hi recipe from Craig Bergonzoni
- RetroChroma – CC with a blue/cyan tone, from Mark G Adams
Leave a Reply