Whilst many of us might prefer a never ending golden hour, some days are just cloudy and the light can be dull. These conditions can be more challenging for photography, but the lack of harsh contrast and the way colours can look richer open up new opportunities. Whilst not all were designed for overcast weather, here are the film recipes that I have found work quite well on cloudy days.
If you want to jump to a couple of my favourites, try Nostalgic Standard, Vinterskog or Ultra Color 200.
Embrace a film-like look and join in with the Film Recipes Challenge 📸 Take photos with the Flatpack film recipe, and share them in the Film Recipes Facebook Group or the comments on the recipe page. This recipe is based on film prints in a matte low contrast style. Join in from where you live with a deadline of end of 29th March. #flatpack 👍
Overcast Day Recipes from Other Sites
Here’s a selection of some of the recipes by others that you may get great results on a cloudy day.
- Creamy Color – Captn Look’s choice for bad weather days
- Grizzly Ride – Gritty and retro with Bleach Bypass. By Captn Look
- Positive Film – Punchy and colourful, from Fuji X Weekly
- Fujicolor NPS Pulled – Muted, low contrast, by Thomas Schwab
- Pushed CineStill 800T – Embrace the colour tone, Fuji X Weekly
- Echo Chrome – Soft & versatile by Craig Bergonzoni
Leave a Reply