Film recipes using the Eterna Bleach Bypass film simulation
Eterna Bleach Bypass is one of Fujifilm’s newer film simulation modes, available on most, but not all, X-Trans IV cameras. It is modelled after a particular film processing step, or that the skipping of a step, and has a muted, contrasty look that is unique.
For creating film recipes, the unique look leads to some interesting styles, and through adjustments in the recipe,to quite a wide range of looks. In fact, as a recipe creator, I feel that I get more variety in style from Bleach Bypass than any other simulation.
Top 3? Go for Soft Cinnamon, Hipsta Ray or the deep & unique Squid Ink
Embrace a film-like look and join in with the Film Recipes Challenge 📸 Take photos with the Flatpack film recipe, and share them in the Film Recipes Facebook Group or the comments on the recipe page. This recipe is based on film prints in a matte low contrast style. Join in from where you live with a deadline of end of 29th March. #flatpack 👍
More Eterna Bleach Bypass Film Recipes
With this simulation being newer and with a somewhat unique base style, there are fewer film recipes out there on other sites. I’ve brought together a few of the more interesting ones here.
Eterna Bleach Bypass Recipes
- Grizzly Ride – a gritty recipe for moody shots, by Captn Look
- Cine Matte – street photography option, from Ivan Cheam
- Silver Summer – a teal toned deep recipe, from Fuji X Weekly
- Muted Color – extra deep and muted, from Fuji X Weekly again
- Ferrania Solaris – a pale bypass recipe, again on Fuji X Weekly
- Retrochrome 200 – steely and pale, by Cezar Niculescu, Facebook
Leave a Reply